Monday, February 8, 2016

Social Media Showdown Part 2



Did you see Beyonce featuring the Super Bowl? She was amazing and the game kept me occupied until it was showtime, but then I realized it was really just a cover up to announce her new tour... All jokes aside congrats to the Broncos and Peyton Manning, they played a great game and I can't wait for the Cam Newton memes to go viral on everything. Lets recap Super Bowl 50 from a Social media standpoint...


Here is my review of the Sports Stadium feature. My first con is that the app is not an actual app as I was led to believe from reading an article. It is actually a feature on Facebook that you access by typing in "Sports Stadium" or by typing in the team names into the search bar. I only had 8 out of 561 Facebook friends interacting on this feature. I'm not sure how they got the word out about it, but that is pretty surprising and I didn't get much out of it at all. The news feed was strictly about the game, but it wasn't a lot of activity. The live stats and expert comments were a nice touch, but it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. As much as we are on our phones we sometimes miss plays, so it was nice to have that as a part of the news feed. This is also only available for American Football and no other sport. With the NBA Finals coming up in June, hopefully Facebook will have it ready for that. I know that this is a brand new feature for Facebook and they will work out the kinks so we will see how they develop this feature over the next few months.





As far as the other social media platforms go I think that they were nothing out of the ordinary. Snapchat was my favorite platform over Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook because of the story feature. Snapchat normally has the story feature, but they had two for the Super Bowl: Super Bowl and Super Bowl worldwide. I don't think most people consider that there are American Football fans around the world. I guess it is not any different than us celebrating a Futbol game in Europe, but it was very cool to see  celebrate Super Bowl 50 with us. I thought it was a great example of how social media makes the world a smaller place and how it can also bring us together.


No comments:

Post a Comment