Sunday, April 10, 2016

'Dammnn Daniel!' Back At It Again With Forever 21??




This is the "Probably Not" part of my blog that has nothing to do with sports. Unless you have been living under a rock I'm sure that you saw the video on Twitter, "Daaammnn Daniel, back at it again with the white vans!" that went viral. Something two kids in high school created took them from being popular kids in school to being nationwide cool kids in 30 seconds. Daniel and his friend Josh have been everywhere from guests on Ellen to a feature with Forever 21.




I recently received an email from Forever 21 with the subject line "Daammnn Aaliyah!" My first thought was...nuh uhn seriously? Did they really just Damn Daniel me? I then opened the email to see Daniel and how to dress like him with clothes form Forever 21. I also clicked on the video clip in the email that took me to the a promo video with my name in it and more of Daniel walking around. 





Because I am a Marketing student and in a Social Media Strategy course I thought this was a cool idea advertising wise, but Forever 21 is about a moth or so late on this. This was a good idea to stay current and incorporate social media into their email marketing. Young girls that are obsessed with these two boys probably thought that it was the coolest thing to see in their email. The guys that want to be like them now have a "Damn Daniel" starter pack to follow and become cool like them too. I'm curious to see how (if it all) the response to this impacted Forever 21, whether it be social media following or to a spike in sales of Men's curved hem tees or distressed skinny jeans? I would assume it didn't nearly as much as it did for the freshman and sophomore duo, but it was a cool concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment